Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We've been doing a lot of tours lately. Usually it'll be elementary students on field trips or cub scout groups. It's nice to be able to tell them about the landfill, how it works, and the importance of recycling. We try and emphasize the recycling part the most. For me, one of the funnest parts is driving the shuttle. We have a shuttle bus that we purchased from a nearby retirement home, and it's a blast to cruise around in at the landfill.
The engines are finally back online. We're generating electricity again. Esther and I went out and serviced a couple of the knockout pumps and balanced some of the wells, so the engines should be getting good quality gas. They were struggling at first, generating barely over 3 MW at full bore. But we got most of the lines drained of condensate and they're running at around 3.5 MW without having to be full bore.
I think I've got my riprap channel completely designed. I'm just waiting for when we have an operator available to dress the channel and when I can purchase the riprap. I need to put more pictures up. Pictures are more interesting that words.

No comments:

Post a Comment