Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So I found out I have allergies. Esther and I went out and spread seeds of native vegetation on various parts of the landfill to help with the aesthetics and erosion. We both had buckets we'd fill with the mix of seeds and would would spread the seeds by hand. By the time we were done, my arms were covered in rashes and I was sneezing like crazy (sorry, I don't have pictures.) Luckily, they went away relatively soon after I got back to the office and washed my hands.

A flow meter was recently installed so we can confirm that the pump I installed last year is pumping all the way to the drain field. I've been watching it lately and am happy to say the pump is working great! There's a trench in the bottom of the active cell, right next to the leachate pond, with a perforated pipe running along the bottom. The trench fills up with leachate before overflowing into the leachate pond. The pump I installed is in the pipe at the bottom of the trench and pumps leachate into a drainfield in the adjacent cell. This, hopefully, will help with decomposition and gas production in the adjacent cell.



This is me last year with the pump.



These are the flow meters and valves near the drainfield. The bottom one goes to my pump.


When I'm not out checking meters and getting rashes, I've been creating a map, with AutoCAD, of the various easements at the landfill. It's been a lot of interpreting legal documents and drawing the map according to the metes and bounds. It's almost like a game...maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment