Monday, June 8, 2009

Stocked Thick with Thistle


We finally got the two inch pipe junctioned into the pipe that used to go to the failed drainfield, and we closed of the flange to the drainfield. The new pipe travels about 3,000 feet around the old cell, along the south road, and down the active cell to the leachate pond. I surveyed where to place the pipe so that besides the first 6 feet, it would all be gravity fed. I'll post some pictures soon. I'm glad we finally got it going so we can keep pumping out the knockouts and help the engines more easily generate electricity. It got to where Esther and I were having to pump the box (see previous post for picture) every day to keep on top of it so they could work on the pipe. There is still some liquid in it, but I'm pretty sure it's just from the recent rain...especially since it doesn't smell like death mixed with garbage.


The other fun thing Esther and I get to do is...PICK WEEDS!!!! Not just weeds, but thistle!! How fun is that?... anyone?...anyone?...no?...nothing? Ok, you're right. Not so great. But important nonetheless. Thistle is a noxious weed, so we need to get rid of it. Some of them are pretty big, having bases that are just as thick as some of the couple year old trees I have at my house. Esther and I filled the back of the truck, but are just getting started. There are plenty more where that came from.

Joyfully digging out thistle


No comments:

Post a Comment